Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Wireless Bundle - PS2

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Wireless Bundle - PS2

By Kurt Sample (Rochester, NY United States) -  reviews


The gameplay is GHIII is fantastic (The Boss Battles in career mode are a little silly, but they are thankfully optional). The track list is awesome and the songs are extremely well implemented and fun to play.

The wireless controller included in this PS2 bundle, however, is a big step backwards from the wired SG controllers bundled with GH I and II. I have experienced several random drops in response from the green and yellow buttons (not due to proximity from the receiver, I was less than four feet from the console). The buttons just stopped working. Also, the whammy bar is much closer to the strum bar, and my fingers on my strumming hand kept getting caught in it. Finally, the tilt sensor on my controller only worked intermittently, which was doubly frustrating because they moved to start and pause buttons directly behind the whammy bar, so the alternate method of triggering "Star Power" (hitting the start button) is almost impossible because you have to take your strumming hand off of the strum bar and bring it up and over the whammy bar. I'm returning the bundle and buying the stand-alone GHIII game, and I'm ordering a wired GH2-style controller directly from Red Octane.
 

0 comments

Post a Comment