Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel

Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel

By S. Bates "swb162" (Chicago, IL) -  reviews


I purchased GT5 Prologue and played for 2 days using the Dual Shock controller, while the game was fun, I was having trouble running well on several tracks. Over the weekend, I went to a local store which had GTP5 and the racing wheel setup as a display. After sitting down and using the wheel for about 10 minutes, I knew it was a must have. The wheel itself feels well made of durable products, the rubber on the wheel makes it very comfortable. It also has reduced my times in the races where I have used the wheel. The setup was easy and control layout is easy learn. Some reviews I have seen discount the wheel because it does not have a clutch or shifter with actual gears set out. But with the $100 I saved, I am willing to live without theses features.


There are a few downsides, I was hoping for a wireless wheel, but it connects to the PS3 with a USB cable. However, the cable is a good length and allows you plenty of space to move across a room. Also, you have to plug the wheel into an electrical outlet. While this makes for more wires, it also allows for some great force feedback and opposed to a rumble effect.


I am looking forward to using the wheel with upcoming racing games and some old ones. And my favorite thing about the wheel, it the GT logo that lights up in the center of the wheel.


My advise is to get the wheel if you can. Now if they would only release the full GT5 (with damage to the cars please!)

Wanted to update this review to mention the product I found to use the Racing Wheel. I tried small tables, a tv tray and an IKEA laptop table. None of them worked because of they were to tall or short and the tables that could be adjusted were to wobbly or slipped. After much searching, I found the Wheel Stand Pro which is made in Poland. Unfortunately, it was more expensive than the Racing Wheel, but it was a great buy. You can adjust the height, angle of the wheel and distance to the pedals. It is made of steel so it is solid and has sturdy clamps to fold it up and store easily. If you are looking for a great way to use your Racing Wheel, I highly recommend you check out Wheel Stand Pro site. Also, shipping was great. They emailed me on a Friday the stand was on the way and I received it on Monday.

0 comments

Post a Comment